21st CYPRUS FILM DAYS International Festival, April 21 – 29, 2023, CALL FOR FILM SUBMISSIONS
The Deputy Minister of Culture of Cyprus and the Rialto Theater call for submissions of feature films in the two competition sections of “Cypriot Cinema Days”, the official international film festival of Cyprus.
The Festival aims to broaden its horizons beyond the geographical borders of Cyprus, as well as to attract professionals and international audiences from the film industry, thus making Cyprus a meeting center for the three neighboring continents.
The 21st edition of the Cyprus Film Days IFF will take place from April 21 to 29, 2023 in Nicosia and Limassol.
Feature films to be submitted must be 2021 or 2022 productions.
You can submit your film via www.filmfreeway.com/cyprusfilmdays until 12/20/2022.
A. INTERNATIONAL “GLOCAL IMAGES” CONTEST SECTION:
The International Glocal Images Competition Section accepts films that showcase the ‘colors’ of a local culture while bringing to light, in an innovative way, issues of concern to global public opinion.
An independent international jury will award the following prizes:
- Best Film Award: accompanied by the sum of €6,000, paid in two (ex aequo) to the Producer (€3,000) and the Director (€3,000) of the film.
- Special Jury Prize: accompanied by the sum of €3,000, paid in two (ex aequo) to the Producer (€1,500) and the Director (€1,500) of the film.
- Best Director Award: accompanied by the sum of €1,000.
- The Jury may also award up to three Honorary Distinctions. These distinctions are not accompanied by a monetary prize.
B. CYPRIOT FILM COMPETITION SECTION:
The Cypriot Films Competition section accepts Cypriot films in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Festival. These films must meet specific criteria to be eligible for selection.
The Jury will award the following prizes:
– Prize for the best Cypriot film: accompanied by an amount of €4,000, which is paid in two (ex aequo) to the Producer (€2,000) and to the Director (€2,000) of the film.
– Best director award: accompanied by services.
– Prize for the best performance: accompanied by an amount of €500, sponsored by the Municipality of Limassol.
– The Jury may also award up to three Honorary Distinctions. These distinctions are not accompanied by a monetary prize.
The selection of films in competition in the two sections (National and International) is made by the Artistic Directors of the Festival, Argyro Nicolaou and Marios Lizides.
Rules, Regulations and Submissions: www.cyprusfilmdays.com