NEOM launches a media village to support the production of the biggest international films
Riyadh: NEOM has announced the opening of NEOM Media Village and Jeddah Desert Studios, which contain the largest sound studios and film production support facilities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Through the NEOM project, Saudi Arabia aims to build a technological city, self-sufficient in energy and food, through which the Kingdom aspires to more than double its population (70 million inhabitants).
According to a statement released by the company, NEOM Media Village and Jeddah Desert Studios witnessed the operation of three sound studios in response to demand from regional and international productions for distinctive cinematographic facilities.
The three studios have undergone a trial period of operation over the past 18 months and have provided support for approximately 25 television and film productions.
Work is also underway to equip seven new sound studios with state-of-the-art technology; be ready in the first quarter of 2023.
Wayne Borg, Director of Media Production, Entertainment and Culture at NEOM, said: “NEOM currently has the Kingdom’s first advanced audio studios, backed by advanced infrastructure, skilled work teams with global expertise and a thriving business environment characterized by ease of doing. Company.”
He also announced the establishment of an incentive program for financial reimbursement of up to 40%; to support the production of films and television works “Drama, reality TV, documentaries”, in addition to advertisements that will be an excellent incentive for production managers to start their production activity at NEOM.
In addition, 350 fully equipped accommodations will be provided; to ensure a comfortable and smooth experience for cast and crew on set.
- It includes a typical audio studio with an area of 2,400 square meters available for production
- Facilities including make-up rooms, green rooms and production offices
- Work is underway to build 3 other studios
- It includes two domed sound studios
- They have an area of 3,000 square meters and are currently operational
- Operation of 4 new studios by the end of 2022
- The studios will house world-class production facilities
- Fixed production offices and stores for decorations and accessories
- All audio installations and sound effects
- Cameras, lighting equipment and heavy drones
- Cranes, lifts and other major equipment are available at both locations