Singapore International Arts Festival (SIFA) 2022
The Singapore International Arts Festival 2022 returns with a new curatorial theme, The Anatomy of Performance – Ritual.
From immersive and expansive cinematic experiences by award-winning filmmakers Yeo Siew Hua (SG) and John Torres (PH), to a cinematic performance by Turner Prize winner Tai Shani, and a thrilling digital film from sci-fi and body artist Lucy McRae, don’t miss these cinematic adventures at SIFA!
This year’s festival takes place in various venues and aims to express the current fluidity and intersections between local and international art forms, and how, in practice, many artists are breaking through the conventional boundaries of art genres.
- The past and the future by Yeo Siew Hua (SG) with members of the Berliner Philharmoniker (DE) at the Esplanade Theatre: an expanded cinematic experience by one of Singapore’s greatest filmmakers and one of the world’s greatest orchestras.
- Tricky Spirit Spells by Lucy McRae (AU), online: Raw and ambitious, this is an intriguing performance film that dissects the operating system of the mind – where a Seeker battles with the ego, the inherited artificial intelligence.
- The neon hieroglyph by Tai Shani (UK) at Pasir Panjang Power Station: Take a journey into the unconventional mind of Turner Prize-winning artist Tai Shani in this cinematic performance.
- x Quantum Remotes by John Torres (PH) and Eleanor Wong (SG) at The Arts House: This captivating multidisciplinary work reimagines life in Singapore and the Philippines on the brink of a dystopian world order.
- MEPAN by Singapore Chinese Orchestra (SG) and Tuyang Initiative (Sarawak, Borneo, Malaysia) at Pasir Panjang Power Station: A performance evoking the sublime rituals of Southeast Asia and its natives, led by an electrifying team of creatives.
- Ceremonial acts at the Esplanade Theatre: Three Singaporean companies imagine a resplendent tapestry of local customary rituals.
Early Bird tickets with 20% discount are available until March 31, 2022 from sifa.sg.