The Court Square Theater will host the activities of the International Festival on September 24
The Court Square Theater offers an afternoon of varied cultural entertainment as part of the 2022 Harrisonburg International Festival on Saturday, September 24.
In addition to the casual outdoor community gathering in Court Square and opportunities to circulate among participating downtown businesses, festival-goers can head to CSE throughout the afternoon for folk music, dance and films from Cuba and Spain.
Here is the afternoon program of the International Festival for the Court Square Theatre:
- 12-12:15 p.m.: Ukrainian folk music, singer/pianist Alex Stupak;
- 12:15-12:55: Ukrainian folk music, Kobza-Bandura singer/player Alex Lagoda;
- 1-1:40 p.m.: Mexicana/Americana Folk, singer Caitlin Fernandez;
- 2-3:45 p.m.: Cuban Film, “The Last Out” (Hispanic Film Festival ticket prices apply; $9.50 for adults, $8.50 for seniors, $5 for children) students);
- 4-4:30 p.m.: classical Indian dance, Komal Vaish dance troupe;
- 4:30-5:00 p.m.: Latin and South American music, Cafe con Leche;
- 5-5.30 p.m.: Congolese dancer/singer Bienvenu Ziata Howbuna;
- 5.30-6 p.m.: Congolese dancers Benjamin & Yvette;
- 6-6:30 p.m.: Mask Movement and Commedia Dell’arte (French and Italian), Doe Polanz, PhD;
- 7:00-9:00 p.m.: Spanish film “The Good Boss” (Hispanic Film Festival ticket prices apply: $9.50 for adults, $8.50 for seniors, $5 for students).
For more information on CSE films and events, visit courtsquaretheater.org
For more details on the Harrisonburg International Festival, see harrisonburg-international-festival.org
Located at 41-F Court Square in downtown Harrisonburg, Virginia, the Court Square Theater is operated by the Arts Council of the Valley.